Prince Charles and his wife Camilla are coming back to New Zealand! – Last updated 17/11/2015
- The couple will tour New Zealand between 4 and 10 November 2015.
- They vill visit Wellington, Dunedin, Nelson, Ngaruawahia, New Plymouth and Auckland.
A full press release can be found on the couple’s official website.
Tour Dates, Places and Timings:
- Wednesday – Day One (4 November) – Wellington
- The couple arrives in the country, touching down in Wellington at around 2pm.
- They will then attend a wreath laying at the Pukeahu National War Memorial at 4:10pm
- To top off the day they will attend a reception at Government House at 6:15pm.
- Thursday – Day Two (5 November) – Wellington/Dunedin
- Starting the day off, at 10:20am Prince Charles will be at Tawa College and Camilla will visit Te Whaea
- At 1:45pm there will be a public walk from Dunedin Station to Toitu
- 2:50pm sees Prince Charles visit Animation Research and Camilla attend a literature event a Otago University
- Rounding the day off at 4pm the couple will visit Orokonui Ecosanctuary
- Friday – Day Three (6 November)
- No details released
- Saturday – Day Four (7 November) – Wellington/Nelson
- 11:15am will see the couple make a public morning walk in Trafalgar Street, Nelson
- At 12pm Prince Charles will visit the Cawthorn Institute while Camilla visits WOW Museum
- 1:30 will bring a food and wine event at Mahana Winery for the couple
- 3:30pm sees Prince Charles oversee a Defence Force exercise in Westport
- At 5:15pm the prince will make a public walk by Victoria Square
- 5:50pm rounds the day off with Camilla visiting the SPCA in Wellington
- Sunday – Day Five (8 November) – Ngaruawahia/Auckland
- Kicking off at 11:40am the couple will visit Turangawaewae Marae in Ngaruawahia
- At 3:55pm they then will make a public walk in Aotea Square, Auckland
- 4:15pm sees Prince Charles visit Nga Rangatahi Toa and Camilla visit Bellyful
- A charity reception for The Prince’s Charities will then take place at Government House, Auckland at 7pm
- Monday – Day Six (9 November) – New Plymouth
- 11:50am will see the couple help to wish a happy 75th birthday to Air New Zealand at New Plymouth Airport
- 12:25pm will bring tea with Taranaki at Brooklands Park
- At 1pm the couple then make a public walk near the Bowl and zoo
- Prince Charles will visit the coastal walkway at 1:40pm
- Camilla will visit Len Lye Centre at 2:20pm
- 2:30pm sees Prince Charles visit a dairy farm
- Wrapping up the day, Camilla will visit Pukekura Park Fernery
- Tuesday – Day Seven (10 November) –
- At 10am the couple will visit the Spirit of New Zealand at the Auckland Viaduct.
- Departing New Zealand at 11am the couple then bids farewell to their kiwi home and moves onto Sydney
For more details see this Press Release from the DIA.
To stay informed on future tours, receive invitations to events organised by Monarchy New Zealand, receive our newsletter, and more see our membership options.